- I have a degree from a foreign university. Am I eligible to apply for admission to programs by research?
- When will I know the results of my application?
- Are TOEFL and GRE scores required for the admission application?
- What is the duration of the research program?
- What fees do I need to pay?
- Is financial aid available for PhD/MSc students?
- How do I apply for the NTU Research Scholarship?
- What are the medical and/or medical insurance requirements?
- Is it possible to perform a PhD or MSc by coursework?
1. I have a degree from a foreign university. Am I eligible to apply for admission to programs by research?
As long as you meet the basic requirements of a particular programme of study, you are eligible to apply. Please consult the individual division websites for details about the PhD and MSc admissions criteria.
2. When will I know the results of my application?
A period of up to 4 months is normally required for processing of graduate school applications. You may check the status of your application here.
3. Are TOEFL and GRE scores required for the admission application?
Good TOEFL (for international applicants whose native language is not English) and GRE scores are normally required. However, both scores may be waived in special cases. For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
4. What is the duration of the research program?
For PhD programmes the minimum candidature period is 2 years and a maximum is 5 years; the vast majority finish in 4 years. For MSc programmes (by research), the minimum candidature period is 1 year and the maximum is 3 years.
5. What fees do I need to pay?
The research/tuition fees are revised each year. Please click here for the university's up-to-date fee schedule. Many graduate students are supported by scholarships that cover research/tuition fees.
6. Is financial aid available for PhD/MSc students?
Yes, several scholarship programmes are available. Please click here for a partial list. For further enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How do I apply for the NTU Research Scholarship?
You can apply for the NTU Research Scholarship in tandem with your PhD/MSc programme application. It is in the same application form, under the section “Application for Scholarship”.
8. What are the medical and/or medical insurance requirements?
All full-time international students, and all students awarded scholarships, must undergo and pass a medical examination prior to admission to the University. The medical examination is done at the on-campus Medical Centre. International students who fail the medical examinations cannot be admitted to the University.
All full-time international students must subscribe to the University's medical insurance scheme upon registering for admission. The insurance participation form will be given to students when they register for admission at the University.
9. Is it possible to perform a PhD or MSc by coursework?
At this moment, SPMS only offers PhD degrees by research. All three divisions offer MSc degrees by research. The sole MSc by coursework programme is the MSc in Analytics offered by the Division of Mathematical Sciences; this programme is unsubsidized.