Course Registration Instructions
Please read the course registration instructions set by the Office of Academic Services, followed by the programme-specific instructions below:
Refer to STARS for the registration schedule, course schedules, and other information.
For enquiries about course registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues (e.g., network performance, problems with the StudentLink password or STARS PIN, etc.), email email@example.com. Please refrain from sending multiple similar e-mails as this will not expedite the response; all enquiries will be attended to as quickly as possible.
Click here for information about the Minor Declaration / Filing Period.
Changes to courses in AY1819 Semester 2
- MH4512 - Clinical Trails will not be offered in AY1819 Semester 2.
- HW0128 - Scientific Communication I Tutorial Group 12 venue is changed to CSKL7.
- PH1106 - Electricity and Magnetism Monday lecture have a changed in timing to 16.30 - 18.30.
- PH1802 - Foundation of Physics II have a changed in lecture timetable and venue, to Monday 16.30 - 18.30 at SPMS-LT1.
- PH4605 - Medical Physics for Radiotherapy venue is changed to TR103.
- PH4507 - Topics in Physics will not be offered in AY1819 Semester 2.
- PH4509 - Quantum Field Theory with Applications in Condensed Matter Physics will be offered in AY1819 Semester 2.
- PH4606 - Fundamentals and Applications of Acoustics will not be offered in AY1819 Semester 2.
- MH4501 - Multivariate Analysis have a changed in lecture timetable.
- CM4014 - Nanoscience and Nanotechnology venue is changed to SPMS-LT2.
- PH4603 - Soft Condensed Matter Physics tutorial venue is changed to SPMS-LT4.
- PS9886 - Making and Tinkering (Lite I) have a changed in timetable to Monday 19.00 - 22.00.
- PS9887 - Making and Tinkering (Lite II) have a changed in timetable to Wednesday 18.00 - 21.00.
- PH1107 - Relativity and Quantum Physics have a changed in teaching weeks for tutorials. Tutorials will start from Week 1.
- CY1307 - Relativity and Quantum Physics venue is changed to SPMS-TR+3 for Tutorial Group 2.
- CY1602 - Mathematics II venue is changed to LHN-TR+36 for Lecture and TR103 for Tutorial.
- PH1106 - Electricity and Magnetism T1 venue is changed to LHS-TR+47.
- PH3201 - Statistical Mechanics T1 venue is changed to TR102.
- HW0128 - Scientific Communication I Tutorial Group 12 venue is changed to LHS-TR+54.
- PH4603 - Soft Condensed Matter Physics tutorial venue is changed to SPMS-TR+7.
- PH3401 - Atomic Physics lecture on Tuesday is changed to SPMS-TR+8 and Thursday is changed to SPMS-TR+4 from Week 2 onwards. Tutorial venue is changed to SPMS-TR+4.
- PH4509 - Quantum Field Theory with applications in Condensed Matter Physics lecture on Monday is changed to SPMS-TR+4 and Wednesday is changed to SPMS-TR+3 from Week 2 onwards. Tutorial venue is changed to SPM-TR+4.
- PH3201 - Statistical Mechanics I tutorial venue is changed to SPMS-LT1 on Week 2 and SPMS-LT4 from Week 3 onwards.
- PH2102 - Electromagnetism T1 tutorial venue is changed to SPMS-TR+16 from Week 3 onwards.
- PH1107 - Relativity and Quantum Physics tutorial venue for T3 is changed to SPMS-TR+3 and for T4 is changed to LHS-TR+6 from Week 3 onwards.
- MH3200 - Abstract Algebra I lecture and tutorial venue is changed to SPMS-TR+5 from Week 3 onwards.
- PH1802 - Foundation of Physics II lecture venue is changed to SPMS-TR+5 from Week 9 onwards.
Sample Course Planning Maps
Some sample course-planning maps are provided below. Please feel free to download a copy and customize it according to your needs (e.g., they may be helpful for deciding whether to do a Professional Internship or FYP).
These samples are intended for students matriculating in Academic Year 2018/19 (updated as of 3 August 2018). Student matriculating in previous years should note that some of the degree requirements may be different. Please check the School and Division webpages for the latest information about programme requirements and course information.
For certain courses, students can exercise the option to be graded on a Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis, rather than the usual letter-grade basis. Courses on which the S/U option is exercised are listed as "S" or "U" on the final degree transcript. They are not included in the CGPA, but count toward AU requirements for fulfillment of the degree programme, subject to the limitations stated below:
- Core Courses, Major Prescribed Electives, and GER Core Courses must be read on a letter-grade basis. Thus, the S/U option can only be exercised for GER Prescribed Electives and Unrestricted Electives. Also, courses read as S/U cannot be used to fulfill a minor or Second Major programme requirement.
- The S/U option may only be exercised for a maximum of 12 AU of coursework. The University requires a minimum 69 AU of letter-graded courses for the award of a degree.
- After the S/U option has been exercised, it is possible to revert the choice within the S/U declaration period. Once the declaration deadline is past, the choice of S/U or letter grade is irrevocable. No appeals will be entertained by the School.
Please visit the NTU Academic Services' S/U Option page for more information, including the latest S/U Declaration Period.
Students are advised not to make the S/U declaration at the last minute! Once the S/U option has been exercised, please remember to print the confirmation page for your records. For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that students who do not wish to exercise their S/U option are not required to declare this intention online.