The School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS) offers a research internship programme for international students. The programme is available to full-time final-year undergraduate, Masters and PhD students studying outside Singapore, particularly those considering pursuing post-graduate studies at SPMS.
For current NTU students, please refer to the division websites for information about research opportunities, including summer research and final year projects.
- Applicant must be either (i) full-time final-year undergraduate student, or (ii) full-time Masters student, or (iii) full-time PhD student, currently studying outside Singapore.
- Applicant must be able to commit to an internship period of at least three months.
- Applicant must have good academic records in his/her home institution.
Terms of Support
Each intern will be provided with a round trip air fare of up to S$1,000 (standard economy), and living allowance of S$1,000 per month. The living allowance will be calculated based on the number of full months and incomplete month will not qualify for funds disbursement.
SPMS will cover a number of other miscellaneous fees, including the student services fees, health services fees to NTU, temporary employment pass fees, and laser license application fees (if applicable).
In the event that the intern is not able to complete IIP according to the agreed schedule, he/she may be subjected to return the allowance for the period that he/she does not spend in SPMS.
How to Apply
Each applicant must secure a SPMS faculty member as research supervisor. The supervisor and applicant must agree on the internship period and the scope of the research project.
The applicant must prepare the following documents:
- Application form (download link here)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Up-to-date academic transcript
- Abstracts of reseach publications (if any)
- 1-2 page Research Proposal for the internship period.
Please email the complete set of documents to the following coordinators:
All necessary documents must be submitted at least 3 to 4 months before the proposed commencement date of the internship. Each application will be assessed by an evaluation committee. The decisions of the committee are final.