Course Registration Instructions
Please read the course registration instructions set by the Office of Academic Services, followed by the programme-specific instructions below:
Refer to STARS for the registration schedule, course schedules, and other information.
For enquiries about course registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues (e.g., network performance, problems with the StudentLink password or STARS PIN, etc.), contact NTU's Service Desk. Please refrain from sending multiple similar e-mails as this will not expedite the response; all enquiries will be attended to as quickly as possible.
Click here for information about the Minor Declaration / Filing Period.
Changes to courses in AY20/21 Semester 1
- PH4606 (Fundamentals and Applications of Acoustics): will not be offered for AY20 Sem 1.
- CM9092 (Polymer Chemistry): change in course code from CM4062 (Polymer Chemistry).
- CM4014 (Nanoscience & Nanotechnology): change in course code from CM4063 (Nanoscience & Nanotechnology).
- CM4016 (Pharmaceutical Chemistry): change in course code from CM4053 (Pharmaceutical Chemistry).
- CM3021 (Organometallic Chemistry): change in timetable for Lecture & Tutorials.
- PH3501 (Fluid Mechanics): change in venue for Lecture & Tutorial to SPMS-TR+18.
- MH2801 (Complex Methods for the Sciences): change in venue for Tutorial group T4 to SPMS-TR+15.
Sample Course Planning Maps
Some sample course-planning maps are provided below. Please feel free to download a copy and customize it according to your needs (e.g., they may be helpful for deciding whether to do a Professional Internship or FYP).
These samples are intended for students matriculating in Academic Year 2020/21.
These samples are intended for students matriculating in Academic Year 2019/20:
Students matriculating in previous years should note that some of the degree requirements may be different. Please check the School and Division webpages for the latest information about programme requirements and course information.
For certain courses, students can exercise the option to be graded on a Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis, rather than the usual letter-grade basis. Courses on which the S/U option is exercised are listed as "S" or "U" on the final degree transcript. They are not included in the CGPA, but count toward AU requirements for fulfillment of the degree programme, subject to the limitations stated below:
- Core Courses, Major Prescribed Electives, and GER Core Courses must be read on a letter-grade basis. Thus, the S/U option can only be exercised for GER Prescribed Electives and Unrestricted Electives. Also, courses read as S/U cannot be used to fulfill a minor or Second Major programme requirement.
- The S/U option may only be exercised for a maximum of 12 AU of coursework. The University requires a minimum 69 AU of letter-graded courses for the award of a degree.
- After the S/U option has been exercised, it is possible to revert the choice within the S/U declaration period. Once the declaration deadline is past, the choice of S/U or letter grade is irrevocable. No appeals will be entertained by the School.
Please visit the NTU Academic Services' S/U Option page for more information, including the latest S/U Declaration Period. Students are advised not to make the S/U declaration at the last minute! Once the S/U option has been exercised, please remember to print the confirmation page for your records. For queries, please email email@example.com.
Note that students who do not wish to exercise their S/U option are not required to declare this intention online.